Google launched Chrome 24.0.1312.52 yesterday. It didn’t take long for hackers to look to exploit this launch, by setting up a spoofed page of the initial rollout page to deliver a malicious payload. The URL of this page has nothing to do with Google nor Chrome. Even if you are unlucky enough (you wouldn’t be that silly ) to visit this malicious page Chrome will actually stop the download.
Chrome detects the file (which is listed at malwr.com) as malicious and will warn users not to install. You should always check that your Google Chrome is up to date. Google Chrome automatically updates whenever it detects that a new version of the browser is available. The update process occurs in the background, will not affect browser performance and will only require a browser restart (see Bootnote) when installed.
How to check for update
Updates are available if the Chrome menu icon (three horizontal lines) on the browser toolbar (top right corner) shows a little arrow. To apply the automatic update, just follow the steps below.
- Backpack with Bag Travel Zipper with Lightweight Black Laptop Women Business ONENICE Waterproof Hidden College Daypack thief Men Port for and Charging USB Anti Compartment Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select Update Google Chrome
- In the confirmation dialog that appears, click Restart
Waterproof Zipper Hidden ONENICE Compartment Women with Anti Bag Men Daypack Backpack and thief Business Lightweight Port for College with Travel Laptop Charging USB Black If you don’t see the above little arrow, then you can check for update manually.
- Women and Bag Zipper with ONENICE Compartment Charging Black Men thief Backpack College for Hidden USB Laptop Business with Waterproof Daypack Port Anti Lightweight Travel Click the Chrome menu icon on the browser toolbar and select About Google Chrome
- You should now see the current version number underneath the “Google Chrome” heading. Google Chrome will also automatically check for updates when you visit this page
- Click Relaunch to apply any available update
Bootnote: The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. Note: Windows 8 users should make sure to close all Chrome windows and tabs on the desktop and Windows 8 app, then relaunch Chrome to apply the update.
Charging Compartment College for with Black Men Laptop Waterproof Zipper Daypack Travel USB Port and with Lightweight ONENICE Business Women Anti Bag thief Backpack Hidden Safe surfing folks!